In autumn 2011 four people were nominated for "Influencer of the Year" via the StrategiTorget Verkstadsindustrin forum.
The nominations were submitted by 125 leaders representing the biggest companies in Sweden's engineering industry.
The four nominees were:
- Stefan Jacoby, President and CEO Volvo Car Corporation
- Johan Molin, President and CEO Assa Abloy
- Peter Nilsson, President and CEO Trelleborg AB
- Ronnie Leten, President and CEO Atlas Copco
Read more: Conflict at the top of Volvo Car Corp
The aim of the award is to highlight those visionaries and pioneers in Sweden's engineering industry who have the greatest influence, and it is the participants in the forum who vote for the winner. In April it was clear that Stefan Jacoby had secured most votes in 2012.
- It is naturally even more gratifying that my own peers in the engineering industry have voted for me amid this truly formidable competition. I am very proud indeed. I would also like to offer my thanks for the immense dedication of the Volvo team, says Stefan Jacoby.
Previous winners of "Influencer of the Year" include Tom Johnstone, President and CEO SKF and Lena Olving, Executive Vice President & COO SAAB. This year's prize was awarded at a gala lunch on Wednesday 18 April in Stockholm.
StrategiTorget Verkstadsindustrin is a forum for selected decision-makers in the Swedish engineering industry.